Surgical Technology (certificate, with AAS–T option) Learning Outcomes
- Applies basic anatomy, physiology, and microbiology to the operative patient.
- Applies the principles of aseptic technique and the technologist's responsibility in carrying out strict aseptic technique in a clinical setting.
- Prepares supplies and equipment to be used in the OR and uses them appropriately.
- Applies the different types of sterilization and knows when to use each appropriately.
- Functions actively as a contributing member of a health care team by completing the specific responsibilities of the surgical technologist in OR routine procedures.
- Learns and practices patient safety.
- Develops a professional working relationship with the OR team.
- Understands and applies legal implications concerning the patient and personnel in the OR.
- Adapts his or her knowledge and skills to the care of the intraoperative patient.
- Is eligible to sit for the national certification examination offered by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting.
Surgical Technology Program
Allied Health Division
Seattle Central College
1200 12th Ave S, Ste 202
Seattle, WA 98144