The Marine Carpentry Program is being revised so new applications are not being accepted. For more information, please contact the Wood Technology Center: (206) 934-5460
Marine Carpentry Entrance Requirements
- COMPASS placement test.
- Must be at least 18 years of age. (If less than 18 years old, must be a H.S. graduate.)
How to Get Started
- Complete the Standard Procedure for Admission to the College
- Program Specialty Students must decide on a program specialty (carpentry, marine carpentry, or cabinetmaking) prior to enrolling in Introductory Wood Construction, WCO 110.
- Enrollment is on a first-come, first-served basis. In the event of exceptionally high demand for the program, the Wood Technology Center office maintains waiting lists for the carpentry, marine carpentry and cabinetmaking programs. Students already enrolled in one program do not have priority to enroll in another program ahead of students already on the waiting list. Because all programs run concurrently, students may only enroll in one program during any given quarter.
- Questions about enrollment and registration should be directed to the Wood Technology Center office at 206.934.5460 or to the Professional Technical Education counselor at 206.934.3830.
After completing the above test(s), students should schedule an appointment with the counselor for test interpretation and eligibility to enter the program. Call 206.934.5460 for an appointment.
Counselor: Dale Zeretzke, Dale.Zeretzke@SeattleColleges.edu