Learn new marketable job skills and begin or advance your career as a Paralegal. Increase your office’s efficiency, productivity, and billable hours.
This intensive, nationally acclaimed program is designed for beginning as well as advanced legal workers. Students will be trained to interview witnesses, investigate complex fact patterns, research the law, prepare legal documents and assist in preparing cases for courtroom litigation. The instruction is practice-oriented and relates to those areas of law in which paralegals are in most demand.
Course topics as follows:
- Week 1: Legal Terminology and Introduction to Legal Process
- Week 2: Rules of Civil Procedure, Introduction to Torts and Contracts, and Documents
- Week 3: Pleading Format, Discovery, Evidence, Interviewing, and Investigation
- Week 4: Elementary Legal Research
- Week 5: Advanced Legal Research, Writing, and Shepardizing
- Week 6: Law Office Management, Administrative Hearings, and Appellate Rules
Mondays and Wednesdays from 6:00-9:30pm
Saturdays from 9:00am-5:00pm
September 22 – November 1, 2014
Seattle Central College Campus
Taught by local attorneys and paralegals