National Personal Trainer
Prepare to become a nationally certified personal trainer. Seattle Central has partnered with W.I.T.S. to offer training in one of the hottest health occupations. Whether you are looking for a career move or to expand your own personal knowledge, this program will provide you with all of the information you need to become a Certified Personal Trainer.
This 62 hour certificate program is taught over a 6-week period and includes the following;
- 16 hours of lecture
- 16 hours of practical hands on training
- A 30-hour internship in the field with experienced trainers as mentors
- The National Exam is held on the 6th week
- NOTE: An active CPR CARD along with the completed forms for your 30 hour internship finalizes your requirements for national certification.
Topics to be covered:
- Fundamentals of Anatomy
- Nutrition + Weight Control
- Fitness Testing
- Exercise + Pregnancy
- Exercise Physiology
- Biomechanics + Applied Kinesiology
- Adherence + Motivation
- Musculoskeletal Injuries
- Biomechanics of Exercise
- Weight Training Techniques
- Evaluating your Clients
To view syllabus go HERE
REFUNDS ONLY AFTER THE FIRST CLASS, IF ALL MATERIALS ARE RETURNED TO INSTRUCTOR AT CONCLUSION OF FIRST CLASS.
Dates: October 18 - November 22, 2014
Seattle Central College Campus
Taught by local personal trainers.