The purpose of Workforce Funding is to help adults quickly retrain into high wage, high demand careers. To be eligible to apply you should fall into one or more of the categories below.
- Receiving unemployment benefits / or have exhausted your unemployment benefits within the last 24 months
- Business owners who have lost their businesses within the last 24 months
- Displaced Homemakers
- Adults receiving or qualifying for Food Assistance (stamps)
- Washington State Resident (12 month minimum)
- Family Income at or Below 200% Federal Poverty Level
- Demonstrate Financial Need (Must apply for Financial Aid: fafsa.ed.gov School code: 003787)
- Worker Retraining Funding cannot be used to Support Transfer Degrees. Funding is for Professional Technical Programs.
Workforce Application Procedure
Download and sign both the Application and Policy*
If you are unable to sign–up please call 206.934.3854. Please bring your application to the workshop that you signed–up for. You may sign–up at startnextquarter.org.