Outcomes Assessment @ Seattle Central
Seattle Central developed learning outcomes for all students. A core group of faculty participated in a variety of outcomes assessment projects and attended Washington state assessment conferences sponsored by the Washington Center for Higher Education and the State Board for Community and Technical Colleges. By the end of the decade, the curriculum review and course approval processes examined learning outcomes and assessment as part of the reviews.
- The Assessment Matters Team was formed to provide support for faculty in developing effective outcomes and assessment strategies. An assessment database was created to document ongoing assessment activities by program.
- The Information Literacy Committee supported curriculum development though a series of workshops and a curriculum planning tool that assisted faculty wanting to integrate information literacy into their courses. This planning tool integrated outcomes assessment in a format that can be applied to all learning outcomes.
- 2007-2008 New assessment plan implemented.
- Winter 2008 Curriculum Review Committee, Assessment Matters Team, and the Information Literacy Committee cosponsored a resolution through the faculty senate asking for a more comprehensive instructional assessment structure and process.
- 2009 Curriculum Coordinating Council formed to provide leadership and oversight for curriculum including the Program, Course Approval, Instructional Assessment and Learning Community committees