TRiO Student Support Services
TRiO Student Support Services, formerly Student Academic Assistance (SAA), assists with the personal, academic and professional growth of first–generation college students, low–income college students and college students with disabilities. The program helps underserved students complete an associate degree and/or successfully transfer to a 4–year college program.
If you are a U.S. citizen, permanent resident or a refugee pursuing your first associate degree and have a demonstrated need for academic assistance (according to Department of Education guidelines), then you may be eligible for TRiO services.
You also need to have a high school diploma or GED®, be accepted for enrollment or currently enrolled at Seattle Central College, and intend to transfer to a 4–year college to pursue a bachelor's degree. You must also meet 1 of the following criteria:
- Low income students. Student's family must meet federal income eligibility guidelines: TRiO Low Income Guidelines
- First generation students (student's parent(s) has not received a baccalaureate degree in the United States)
- Documented students with disabilities (as defined in the Americans with Disabilities Act)
How to apply
- Complete the Program Application form in room BE1102.
- Schedule an orientation intake with the director of TRiO to determine eligibility and enrollment.
- Meet with your TRiO Counselor & Sign the "Agreement of Understanding" to enroll in the program.