Students can purchase parking permits online and at the Transportation Services Office starting March 7. Taking a class in the evening or on Saturday? We offer a $25 parking permit for parking on nights and weekends.
Most student parking permits can be purchased online.
- Parking Permits
There are 3 types of permit available for students to purchase, either online (preferable) or in person at the college cashier:
- All day, daily permit, which allows the student to park every day at every time (no overnight parking or storing of vehicles permitted). Cost is $137.50 per quarter. These permits are only available until they sell out, and are offered on a first come, first served basis. Sales of these permits are very restricted to a certain number per quarter. Since parking is so limited, no daytime, all day permits will be sold to students who live in the following zip codes: 98101, 98102, 98104, 98109, 98112, 98121, 98122, 98144. For students who live in these zip codes nearest the college, please take advantage of the subsidized transit card we offer.
- Afternoon and evening permit, which allows the student to park at 12 noon and beyond, and weekends all day. Cost is $82.50. No overnight parking or storing of vehicles permitted. This permit is not restricted by zip code.
- Night time permit. This permit allows students to utilize the garage from 4–10:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday, Fridays from 4 p.m.–6:30 p.m., and Saturdays from 8 a.m.–6:30 p.m. exclusively. The cost for this permit is $25.
- Summer quarter parking is available on a first come basis. The costs are $92.50 for daytime, all day parking (same restrictions as above for the all–day student permit), $55 for afternoon and evening parking and $25 for the night time permit, same hours apply as for the Fall through Spring academic terms.
- Pay online by credit card or the Seattle Colleges Card.
- Pick up permit in Transportation Services Office, BE1143, the next day, or pay in person at the college cashier (only for those who are not able to register for classes online).
- Temporary permits can be downloaded if purchased online within seven days of the quarter start date.
- Carpool Permits
- Minimum of two currently enrolled Seattle Central students required to qualify.
- Children under 16 do not qualify as carpool partners.
- No minimum credit hour requirements for eligibility.
- Submit a student carpool application to the Transportation Services Office, BE1143.
- Cost is $54.50 per regular quarter and $36.25 for summer quarter.
Student carpool rules:
- At least two students, with IDs, must be in the vehicle.
- Harvard Garage parking attendant keeps a list of carpools and will check IDs.
- Students must remain registered for the entire quarter.
- If one or more students drop out, the remaining carpool must either find replacements, or surrender the carpool permit.
- A maximum of four days per quarter is allowed without at least two students per carpool. After that, the daily rate of $10 will apply.
- If carpoolers lose eligibility, a single occupancy parking pass will not be granted.
- Transportation Services reserves the right to rescind any permit or privileges.
- Students with physical disabilities or those who need special accommodations, should contact the Transportation Services Office for alternative parking arrangements. BE4113.
- Special considerations will be given to students who have Washington State handicapped decals or who provide a doctor's note detailing the medical condition(s).
- Students with disabilities may purchase daytime parking permits at any time, in person, at the Transportation Services Office, BE1143.
Permit Refunds or Replacements
- If returned before the sixth instructional day of the quarter (first week), full refund, less $5 fee.
- If returned between the sixth and fifteenth instructional days (third week), 50 percent refund.
- No refunds after the third week of the quarter.
- No replacement for lost of stolen daytime parking permits.
- Evening parking permits may be replaced for $20, if available.