Official & Unofficial Transcripts
Both the official and the unofficial transcripts contain the same information about a student's academic record at Seattle Central: a chronological list of classes, grades, and credits.
An official transcript includes the Registrar's signature, the Seattle Central seal, and the date it was issued. An official transcript is delivered in a sealed envelope, which should not be opened by anyone except the addressee. It is a legal document. There is a fee of $7.50 for each official copy, effective summer quarter 2016.
An unofficial transcript is the student's academic record without signature, seal, date, or sealed envelope. There is no fee. A student may obtain an unofficial transcript by following the same procedure as for requesting an official transcript, set forth below. The student can also obtain the unofficial transcript through MyCentral.
Which type of transcript do I request?
Request an official transcript when you send it to another academic institution; a government agency; a bank; an employer; or you need legal proof of your academic record. Request an unofficial transcript when a legal document is not necessary, such as for your personal files.
$7.50 per official transcript ordered effective summer quarter (June 26, 2016). Unofficial transcripts are free.
It takes two business days to process transcripts, not including holidays. Allow three to four business days for archived transcripts and during high volume periods, such as the end of a quarter. Official transcripts will not be processed if the student has a debt or any other outstanding obligation to the college.
How to Request an Official Transcript
Online: Seattle Central College has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to process online transcript requests and payment. Online transcript requests carry an additional $2.25 per recipient fee. A credit card is required to order a transcript online.
The National Student Clearinghouse guides you through the whole process including placing the order, delivery options, and fees. Advantages to ordering online include:
- You can order as many transcripts as needed and send to as many destinations as necessary in a single session.
- You can order anytime, night or day from any computer.
- You can track your order.
- Your signature may be submitted using the paperless consent form through the National Student Clearinghouse.
By Mail: Send a letter including the following required information:
- Your current and previous name, if applicable
- Your student identification number and / or your Social Security Number
- Your approximate dates of attendance
- The number of copies needed
- The destination address(es)
- Your phone number and email address
- Your signature
- Your payment for the total cost ($7.50 per transcript) may be made using a personal check, money order, OR your credit card number, name on the credit card, and the expiration date. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express.
Seattle Central College
1701 Broadway BE1104
Seattle, WA 98122
In Person: Fill out a transcript request form located in the Enrollment Services Lobby (BE1104) (home to Registration, Admissions, Financial Aid, and Cashiering). Take the form to the Cashiering window where you will also pay the required fee.