Surgical Technology Entrance Requirements
- High school diploma or GED® equivalent in the U.S.
- All Prerequisites
- COMPASS Test requirements: Must be eligible for English 101 and Math 085. The COMPASS test is waived if transcripts show completion of English 101 (Composition) and Math 085 (Algebra II) with at least a 2.0 grade.
How to Get Started
- Attend a Surgical Technology Information Session (Listed as “Health, Surgical Tech, Respiratory, Opticianry”).
- Complete the Standard Procedure for Admission to the College.
- Have official transcripts sent to the Admissions office.
- Make an appointment to meet with the Workforce Advisor, room BE1102 C–7, 206.934.4188, to discuss entrance requirements, prerequisites, and eligibility. Call to schedule an appointment as soon as possible.
- After completing all prerequisites, apply to the program. Take the completed Surgical Technology application form to the cashier's office, pay the $35 non–refundable Allied Health application fee, and bring all forms to the Allied Health Division office, room BE3210.
- After acceptance into the program, satisfactory physical and immunization records MUST be on file in the division office, room BE3210, prior to registration. Specific information and deadlines will be given out during orientation for the program.
- In accordance with health facility affiliation agreements, students enrolled in clinical courses are required to complete a background check. All information will be kept confidential. Students should be aware that any discrepancies and convictions will prevent their clinical placement and employment. Any discrepancies and convictions during the program may prevent completion of clinical practice and may prevent certification, licensing or employment. Clinical affiliates require that all background checks be clear. There are no exceptions to this rule.