Students achieving an A.A.S degree in Social and Human Services will:
- Demonstrate the ability to identify and access human services resources, including on-line data bases, directories, and referral centers.
- Demonstrate the ability to plan, initiate, manage and terminate change groups, skills groups, and education groups.
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct interviewing and counseling skills appropriate to entry level human services practice.
- Demonstrate an understanding of, and agreement to comply with, professional ethical standards common to the human services field.
- Demonstrate applied professional skills that meet standards of field supervision in a recognized human services organization.