The Marine Deck Tech Program is not being offered at this time.
Estimated Training Costs
- Photo ID Card (one–time fee)
- Student Activity Fee (per quarter)
- Transportation Mgmt Fee (per quarter)
- Computer Lab Fee (per quarter)
- Universal Technology Fee (per quarter)
- Lab Fee (vessel operation) $550 per quarter for two quarters
- Supplies & Equipment (varies) $45
- Books (varies) $300
- Vessel Maintenance Fee – $250 per quarter for three quarters
Note: Before SMA students can participate in the at–sea internship, they must obtain the following documents:
- USCG Merchant Mariners Document
- U.S. Passport
- Benzene screening (for tankships)
Additional information can be found on the United States Coast Guard website.