Chemical Dependency Specialist Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate an understanding of the pharmacological properties and physiological effects of major categories of substances of abuse.
- Demonstrate the ability to plan, initiate, manage, and terminate change groups, skills groups, and education groups.
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct assessment and counseling skills appropriate to entry level Chemical Dependency Professional practice.
- Demonstrate an understanding of, and agreement to comply with, National Association of Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselors professional ethical standards.
- Demonstrate applied professional skills that meet standards of clinical supervision in a licensed chemical dependency treatment facility.
Chemical Dependency Specialist Program
Seattle Central College
1701 Broadway, Room
Seattle, WA 98122