Allied Health (AAS–T) Learning Outcomes
- Develop academic background in the health sciences so students can locate and understand theoretical underpinnings of their scope of practice or specialty within Allied Health.
- Appreciate the role of scientific inquiry and the changing nature of evidence–based medicine.
- Improve ability to work effectively as a member of health care teams and to better understand how Allied Health professions contribute to health care delivery.
- More effectively advocate on behalf of patients to diverse health care practitioners and patient care teams.
- Improve oral and written communications, spoken communication, critical thinking and quantitative analysis to reflect college mastery at the Associate of Applied Science level.