Want to keep up with the latest from Seattle Central? Sign up and don't miss a thing.
Do you know of an outstanding former student? If so, consider nominating them for the 2017 Distinguished Alumni Award.
If you know of an outstanding former student, consider nominating them for the 2017 Distinguished Alumni Award. It honors former students for their achievements and aims to inspire current students to make a difference once they graduate.
Past winners include:
• Pwint Htun (2016), a telecommunications executive who helped bring financial and mobile phone services to the poor and rural areas of her native Myanmar
• Loyce Ong’udi (2015), an HIV/AIDS advocate who works to foster sustainable development in her native Kenya.
• Katie Hinde (2014), a former Harvard professor who is world-renowned for her research on mammal lactation.
• Duff McKagan (2013), a rock musician and author who was formerly a member of the legendary band Guns N’ Roses
• Cheryl Roe (2012), director of programs and development at Skill’s, Inc., a community–based organization that employs people with disabilities and others in the community
• Al Sugiyama (2011), founder of the Center for Career Alternatives, who received the inaugural award for his outstanding contributions to the community and his courageous fight against discrimination as a Seattle Central student. He recently passed away after a courageous battle with cancer.
Please fill out a nomination form, which can be submitted online.
Deadline is May 5, 2017.