Message from Seattle Central’s president about Aurora Bridge accident

Dear Campus Community:

Yesterday morning, our family at North Seattle College sustained a terrible loss. As a result of a multi-vehicle accident on the Aurora Bridge, four international students, who were set to begin their first quarter at North next week, tragically lost their lives. Additionally, multiple students and one employee were critically injured, with many who remain in area hospitals.

These are difficult and trying times for our sister college. On behalf of our college community, I have offered to President Warren Brown my deepest and most heartfelt condolences. I let him know that we are here to provide any support they may need to see them through this extremely challenging period. Some of our colleagues have been onsite at North, working tirelessly to assist in the response, and I am proud that we can be of service.

Employees at North have received an incredible outpouring of support, both from within the District and from the greater community in Seattle. Please know that they are heartened and deeply appreciative of these offers and will reach out to us if and when they need further assistance.

I ask all of us to keep these students, their loved ones and our colleagues at North in our thoughts and prayers as they cope with this devastating accident.

Sincerely,

Sheila Edwards Lange, Ph.D.
Interim President
Seattle Central College