Student Web Accounts Overview
Here are some basic instructions on how to logon, access and view your web page, plus some interesting links to other web pages that will give you some good tips for designing web pages.
Viewing Your Web Page
To access a personal web page directly enter the following URL:
USER NAME is replaced by your unique user name. In our example we would replace USER NAME with jsmith99, be sure to enter this in lower case.
Finding Your User Name
Use the EdNet Login Name List. Click on the first letter of the last name and then scroll down the list to find the name. Click on the name to follow the link to their web page.
Example: Smith, John X – jsmith99 This is your logon!
Creating Your Web Page
- The server is edison.seattlecentral.edu
- You must use passive mode when connecting from the student net.
- You will probably need to use passive mode from most other locations.
Tips And Guidelines
- There must be either an index.html or a home.html file in your /public_html directory in order for the web site to work properly. This will be the first file to be displayed when the web site is viewed.
- Do not put spaces in the names of your files. For example: a file named "My Picture.html" should be renamed to "My_Picture.html".
- The web server is case sensitive. A web page named "MY_PICTURE.HTML" cannot be referenced by:
- It MUST be referenced by:
- Only transfer files to your own web site (your public_html directory that you are logged into), any transfers attempted to other locations will be denied and logged.
How Much Space Do I Have?
All student web accounts have a quota of 100 megabytes.