Working On Campus

International students studying on F-1 visas are allowed to work part-time on campus. "On Campus" refers to the actual physical location of the school you are currently attending (the school that issued your I-20 form). However, you may work for a company operating on your campus providing direct services to students. For example, employment at the Seattle Central Bookstore, which is owned and operated by Barnes & Noble, is regarded as “on campus”. Although you do not need authorization from the U.S. government to work on campus, please see an advisor at the International Education Programs (IEP) Office to make certain you are eligible.

F-1 students may work on campus up to 20 hours a week while school is in session and full time during breaks and vacations. Please note, however, that the Seattle College District Human Resources has additional restrictions related to hourly work.

How to Find a Job

Every quarter, a number of international students work in offices on campus. There is no central employment office for hourly and student workers at Seattle Central. All offices hire students on their own. If you would like to work on campus, we recommend that you visit different campus offices to see if they have any open positions. In the past, students have been hired by the Cafeteria, the Bookstore, the Student Activities Center, Admissions, Registration, the Computer Lab, and in the International Education Programs Office.