Pay Tuition and Fees
Students must be prepared to pay quarterly tuition and fees at the time of registration:
- Students joining the Intensive English or Advanced English program will register for classes during orientation, which occurs a few days prior to the start of school.
- Students who must take the college English placement test will register for classes 2–3 days after taking the test.
- Students eligible for direct college placement will register for classes starting several weeks before the beginning of school and will be sent information on how to pay tuition and fees online, by credit card.
Students may be dropped from classes if payment is not received by the tuition due date.
Note: The cost of ESL classes differs from the cost of college classes, so exact tuition and fee amounts for students who take a combination of ESL and College classes will be determined upon registration.
Tuition and fees payment for the first quarter
First quarter tuition and fees may be paid by one of the following methods:
Credit card online
Students can pay for classes online using a credit card (Visa, MasterCard or Discover), after they have officially registered for classes.
To make a payment by credit card online, visit our webpage and follow the instructions.
Note: The cost of insurance is included when students pay online.
In person at the Cashier's Office
Once students are registered for classes, in person tuition payments can be made at the Seattle Central Cashier’s Office by either:
- Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard or Discover)
- Debit card from a U.S. bank
- Traveller's checks
- Money order from a U.S. bank, written for the exact amount of charges
- International Bank draft, written for the exact amount of charges
- Personal check from a U.S. bank, written for the exact amount of charges
Wire transfer (tuition and fees deposit)
Seattle Central accepts tuition and fee deposits of up to one year for students who wish to pay these expenses by wire before officially registering for classes and leaving their home country. These funds will be held in a student’s account at the college and used to pay tuition and fees once the student has registered for classes each quarter.
Seattle Central also accepts payments by wire for the Studios on Broadway for students who have received a housing assignment and a housing invoice. Students who are paying for the Studios on Broadway must wire the full amount noted on the housing invoice to finalize the placement. Wire transfer deposits cannot cover any other expenses, such as homestays or books.
In the event that requests for a refund of the deposit or any remaining balance of the deposit are made, an administrative fee of US$40 will be deducted prior to the refund. Refunds can only be made to the person who sent the original wire transfer, and only to the bank account in the country where the wire originated. Deposits cannot be refunded to any other account, including a student’s personal bank account in the United States. Requests for refunds must be initiated by the student in the International Education Programs (IEP) Office.
To arrange a deposit by wire transfer, please follow our wire transfer guide.
Tuition and fees payment AFTER the first quarter
Wire transfers for payment of tuition and fees are NOT accepted after the first quarter. Students should either pay in person at the Cashier's Office or by credit card online, after they have officially registered for classes. Refer to the information above for details on these two payment methods.