High School Completion

Seattle Central College is a higher education institution, not a high school. However, we have some outstanding opportunities for students who have not yet completed secondary education to earn college/university credit and degrees while completing requirements for a Washington State high school diploma at the same time.

Qualifying students enrolling in FAST TRACK can skip one or two years of high school and start their college/university studies right away. Students will take full-time classes at Seattle Central College, and earn college/university credit while completing requirements for a Washington State high school diploma at the same time. By choosing this option, students will earn both their high school diploma and Associate's Degree in two years.


Enrollment in FAST TRACK also includes access to personal counseling, academic and career planning, social activities, leadership training, student clubs, outstanding athletic facilities, the college library, computer and science laboratories, and much more.

After successfully completing their Associate's degree and high school diploma requirements, students can transfer to a four-year institution and complete a Bachelor's degree by taking two more years of study in their major.

How will I know what classes to take?

The courses a student will enroll in through FAST TRACK are college courses, not high school courses (some English and Math classes may be an exception, depending on the student's assessment and placement). Students complete the normal Associate degree requirements. As part of the special FAST TRACK option, these requirements will include 10 credits (2 one-quarter classes) in U.S. and Washington State History. These college courses are generally transferable to a four-year institution and can be part of a student's Bachelor's degree. The high school diploma may be used as proof of high school graduation anywhere in the United States.

How will I get my high school diploma?

Upon completion of the specific course requirements needed to fulfill Associate degree and high school graduation requirements, students will receive an official diploma from Washington State, awarded by Seattle Central College, at the same time they receive their Associate degree. Both high school and college graduation status will be noted on the student transcript.

How does getting a high school diploma through Fast Track compare to obtaining a GED?

There are many differences between a high school diploma and General Educational Development (GED). For complete details, review our Frequently Asked Questions handout.

Can Fast Track students transfer just like other College Transfer students?

Like College Transfer students, Fast Track student can transfer to four-year colleges and universities to earn a bachelor’s degree. Depending on the university, though, the enrollment process may be different. While some U.S. universities, like the University of Washington, consider High School Completion students to be transfer students, others require students who earn a high school diploma just before transferring to apply as freshmen. This usually means your credits will still transfer, but requirements for admission, deadlines and the level of competitiveness for freshman applicants may be different from those of transfer applicants. See our webpage for Current Students for more information about how earning a high school diploma at Seattle Central College can affect your transfer process.