There is something for everyone to enjoy here in Seattle! Surrounded by two majestic mountain ranges and marine life, Seattle combines the best of city life with amazing natural beauty.
Here are some top recommendations by international students:
- - Walk around PIKE PLACE MARKET and add a piece of gum to the famous gum wall
- - Go to a Mariner's baseball game at SAFECO FIELD
- - Read a book at the DOWNTOWN SEATTLE PUBLIC LIBRARY
- - Eat lots of cheesecake at the CHEESECAKE FACTORY
- - Eat a cup of IVAR'S Clam Chowder
- - Rent a paddleboat on GREENLAKE and feed the ducks
- - Try all the local COFFEE SHOPS such as Espresso Vivace, Stumptown, Tully's, Roy Street (owned by Starbucks)
- - Visit all the gorgeous PARKS in Seattle: Olympic Sculpture Park, Discovery Park, Gasworks, Volunteer Park and much more
- - Build a bonfire at ALKI BEACH or GOLDEN GARDENS
- - Run through the big water fountain at SEATTLE CENTER.
- - Walk through Pioneer Square's 1st Thursday ART WALK (free)
- - Get into museums all over Seattle for free on the 1st Thursday of each month: Experience Music Project, Seattle Art Museum, and the Museum of History and Industry just to name a few.
For more great ideas on how to explore Seattle see http://www.visitseattle.org/.