Seattle Central’s downtown location is ideal for students interested in living in an apartment. The campus is within a 15 minute walk of over 25 apartment buildings in all price ranges, ages, and sizes.
General information about apartments
- Students may need temporary accommodations for the days prior to moving into their apartments
- Apartments come furnished and unfurnished. Students who choose unfurnished apartments will need to buy furniture and other household necessities.
- In addition to the resources noted on this page, there are advertisements for shared housing and apartments on bulletin boards in the International Programs building and the main building at Seattle Central.
- Some students choose to start with a homestay or an on-campus apartment, and then change to an off-campus apartment later, after they have had a chance to get acquainted with the city and to make friends.
- The minimum age to rent an apartment is 18.
Agencies with apartment services:
The cost for securing an apartment through one of these agencies is approximately $250, which usually includes airport pickup. The agencies usually require an additional deposit to be paid in advance. The deposit is to cover expenses traditionally associated with renting an apartment in the U.S., such as first and last month's rent (these are usually paid in advance) and a damage deposit. Contact the agencies directly for information on cost of service and deposit requirement.
Private apartment buildings
The apartment buildings on this list are able to rent an apartment to you before you arrive in Seattle, without requiring a social security number. All are within walking distance of Seattle Central or near a public bus line.
If you manage an apartment building and would like to list your apartment on our site, please submit our Apartment Listing Request Form.
Fully furnished studio apartments in the heart of downtown. Included are all utilities, cable TV, phone service, work desk, linens and dishes, and weekly housekeeping service, all on a month to month basis. The building features a beautiful rooftop patio, a fountain courtyard, and a 24hr business center. Comfortable, convenient, affordable, in a world class location! Guest may be of any age, as long as an adult has already paid by credit card. Credit card authorization (e-mail) required.
Seattle Central College is on a direct bus line to the University of Washington. International students from Seattle Central are welcome to stay at one of the 7 buildings (apartments and rooming houses) managed by UWHousing.net.
800 NE 42nd St., #401 Seattle, WA 98105
Online apartment resources
Seattle Apartment Finders is a FREE SERVICE for Seattle Central students. Complete the brief questionnaire on the website and this company will send you choices for apartments in the area of Seattle Central in your price range. You can see floor plans and pictures.You can even reserve the apartment before you arrive in Seattle. For students who already live in Seattle, you can visit the apartments and make an in-person decision.
mynewplace.com: this may work best for students already in the United States, as most contacts provided are telephone numbers.
rent.com: millions of apartments to consider
seattlerentals.com: a good source for current, local vacancies
apartments.com: one stop rental resource for apartment rentals in Seattle
Seattle Times Classified Ads: Online newspaper in Seattle with apartment locator service