Seattle Central’s downtown location is ideal for students interested in living in an apartment. The campus is within a 15 minute walk of over 25 apartment buildings in all price ranges, ages, and sizes.
General information about apartments
- - Students may need temporary accommodations for the days prior to moving into their apartments
- - Apartments come furnished and unfurnished. Students who choose unfurnished apartments will need to buy furniture and other household necessities.
- - In addition to the resources noted on this page, there are advertisements for shared housing and apartments on bulletin boards in the International Programs building and the main building at Seattle Central.
- - Some students choose to start with a homestay or an on-campus apartment, and then change to an off-campus apartment later, after they have had a chance to get acquainted with the city and to make friends.
Homestay agencies with apartment services:
|Intercultural Homestays, Inc.
PO Box 27184
Seattle, WA 98125-1584
Tel: (206) 367-5332
Toll-Free Number: 1-800-340-9088
Fax: (206) 483-8690
Web site: www.ihincusa.com
|USA International Development, Inc.
9614 NE 201st
Bothell, WA 98011
Tel: (425) 483-5974
Fax: (425) 485-1891
Web site: www.ushomestay.com
The cost for securing an apartment through one of these agencies is approximately $250, which usually includes airport pickup. The agencies usually require an additional deposit to be paid in advance. The deposit is to cover expenses traditionally associated with renting an apartment in the U.S., such as first and last month's rent (these are usually paid in advance) and a damage deposit. Contact the agencies directly for information on cost of service and deposit requirement.
Nearby apartment buildings
Summit at Madison Park
Summit at Madison Park provides luxury unfurnished accommodations with the convenience of living just a 20 minute walk from campus. A large supermarket is on the ground floor of this modern 6-story apartment building.
Marvin Gardens Inn & Vermont Inn
International students who would like to live in a fully furnished studio apartment downtown can reserve a studio apartment at the Marvin Gardens Inn or Vermont Inn. Both apartment buildings are located on a short and convenient bus line to the college. These are small, basic units which include a bathroom, a kitchenette with microwave/sink/refrigerator, basic furniture, bedding (sheets/pillowcases), telephone and TV. Each room can accommodate up to two people in one full/queen bed. An extra cot/foldup bed may be available upon request. These units are intended as temporary housing.
Seattle Central Community College is on a direct bus line to the University of Washington. International students from Seattle Central are welcome to stay at one of the 7 buildings (apartments and rooming houses) managed by UWHousing.net.
800 NE 42nd St., #401 Seattle, WA 98105
Online apartment resources
- Seattle Apartment Finders is a FREE SERVICE for Seattle Central students. Complete the brief questionnaire on the website and this company will send you choices for apartments in the area of Seattle Central in your price range. You can see floor plans and pictures.You can even reserve the apartment before you arrive in Seattle. For students who already live in Seattle, you can visit the apartments and make an in-person decision.
- mynewplace.com: this may work best for students already in the United States, as most contacts provided are telephone numbers.
- rent.com: millions of apartments to consider
- seattlerentals.com: a good source for current, local vacancies
- apartments.com: one stop rental resource for apartment rentals in Seattle
- Seattle Times Classified Ads: Online newspaper in Seattle with apartment locator service