Infinitive with Too and
Directions: Put the words in the correct order to make sentences
about a new job.
- near/for me/it's/to walk to work/enough
- too/it's/noisy/for me/to concentrate
- varied/to be interesting/the work/enough/is
- for me/the salary/enough/to support my family/is/high
- to hold/my desk/small/is/too/all my things
- late/I/sleep/enough/can/to feel awake in the morning
- for me/my boss/quickly/to understand him/speaks/too
- aren't/low/the bookshelves/to reach/for me/enough
Now look at the sentences you wrote. Put a plus (+) next to all the
positive points. Put a minus (-) next to all the negative points.
Directions: Complete these conversations that take place at the workplace.
Use too or enough in your sentences.
- A: Can you read the boss's handwriting?
B: No. It's ____________________________________________________
- A: It's 11:00 a.m. Do you think we can call Mr. Lin in San
B: Sure. It's 8:00 a.m. there. That's
- A: Could you help me with those boxes?
B: Sorry. They're ___________________________________________.
I have a bad back.
- A: You're not drinking your coffee! What's the matter with it?
B: It's __________________________________. It tastes like
put about four tablespoons of
sugar in it.
- A: Do you think we can put the fax machine on that shelf?
B: Sure. It's __________________________________________________
- A: Can you keep the noise down, please? It's
B: Sorry, We'll try to be quieter.
- A: Did you hear that Alex is retiring?
B: You're kidding! He's not even fifty. He's
- A: Can you turn on the air conditioner, please?
B: The air conditioner! It's ___________________________________
the air conditioner. What
are you going to do in August when it really get hot?
- A: You sound really sick. Maybe you should call the doctor.
B: Oh. I'm _______________________the doctor. I just need to get
- A: Can you help me get that box? It's
Directions: Read this letter home from a boy in Boy Scout camp. Find
and correct seven mistakes in the use of the infinitive with too and
Dear Mom and Dad,
I'm almost to tired to write. I can't believe how
hard Boy Scout camp is. Today we went out on a two-hour hike. It was
over 90 degrees in the shade! It was too hot for to think. We had to take
a lot of stuff with us, too. My backpack was too heavy for me to lift
it. I don't think I'm too strong to complete the program. How
did I get into this mess? Is it too late too get out?
P.S. The food is terrible. It's not enough food to eat. Can
you send some candy bars?
P.P.S. Here's a photo of me in case it's been to long for you to remember what I
Directions: Complete these sentences about your home or classroom.
1. It's too _________________________________________________________
2. It's __________________________________enough _____________________
3. It isn't too
4. It isn't ____________________________ enough