Thesis Statement: Two of the most popular superstitions are concerned with the evil eye and throwing
A. Topic Sentence: People believe that they must protect themselves from the evil eye of another person
by putting turquoise bead in various places.
blue bead is pinned on newly born babies.
2. A blue bead with a horseshoe is placed near the doorway.
3. A blue bead protects valuable items such as a car or sewing machine
B. Topic Sentence: Another popular superstition is throwing water, which is done at various times.
1. When someone leaves on a trip, people throw water out the window.
2. Water is thrown out when a funeral procession goes by the street.
3. The Armenians throw water on each other on a special Saint's day.
Superstitions have become rituals with the purpose of protecting and bringing good luck.