Hybrid Courses at Seattle Central
Seattle Central offers a hybrid course format, which combines on-campus and online coursework, to help you earn your Associate of Art, Associate of Science or Associate of Business degree with a schedule that meets your needs. Several Professional/Technical programs including Opticianry, Community Health & Education, Healthcare Services Management and others offer degrees and certificates in this format as well.
How Hybrid Courses Work
- Hybrid courses take advantage of the best features of face to face and online instruction.
- Class meets on–campus for a few hours every week throughout the quarter. For example a Saturday hybrid meets for 2–3 hours each week.
- Online coursework gives you more schedule flexibility during the week.
- Registration for hybrid courses is the same as other classes.
Benefits of Hybrid Courses
- Designed for busy students, hybrid courses are flexible and accommodating for work–life demands.
- Whether you want to register for one course or enroll full–time through hybrid courses, these courses are open and accessible every quarter to all Seattle Central students.
- Hybrid courses make it easier for you to earn a degree by offering options in both required courses and electives.
- Choose from a variety of topics, including English, Biology, Humanities, Computer Science, Math and more, all of which can easily transfer to a four–year college or university. Low cost parking for students with evening and weekend classes! Only $25 per quarter. Learn more.
Seattle Central's Saturday hybrid classes allow you to earn a general Associate of Arts in 2 years–entirely through hybrid courses–if you register for 15 credits per quarter. For more information, check out the Associate of Arts degree requirements and meet with an advisor.
Ready to Register?
If you are returning to school to complete your degree or want to earn an AA degree through hybrid courses and online courses, meet with an Advisor, Counselor or program staff to make sure you get on the right track! Find your Advisor or Counselor.
Once you have your plan in place, register through MyCentral. Check out the hybrid course options on the Class Schedule.