Respiratory Care Mission
The mission of the Respiratory Care Program at Seattle Central is to prepare respiratory care practitioners to provide high quality respiratory care in a complex and technically demanding environment. We prepare learners for success in the field of respiratory care by teaching competence, confidence and professionalism. In so doing we promote excellence at the bedside and in the profession as a whole.
We promote learning in a classroom and clinical environment that fosters:
- Technical skill
- Perform quality respiratory care using affective, psychomotor and cognitive skills.
- Provide a safe environment while delivering all aspects of respiratory care.
- Incorporate knowledge of legal and ethical issues into respiratory care practice.
- Communicate effectively with clients, families, significant others and all members of the healthcare team.
- Promote cardiopulmonary health and wellness.
- Participate in activities that support the profession of respiratory care.
- Integrate evidence based practice into respiratory care.
- Incorporate an understanding of health, illness, and cultural diversity into all aspects of respiratory care.
- Utilize leadership principals to guide teams toward achievement of a common goal.
- Teach individuals and groups to achieve and maintain an optimum level of wellness.
- Synthesize new concepts by integrating prior learning, life experience and generalizing theoretical knowledge.
- Use the principals of life-long learning to identify and address one's own limitations of knowledge, and skill.