Dental Hygiene Entrance Requirements
- Complete the Standard Procedure for Admission to the College.
- After matriculation by Admissions, contact the Workforce Advisor at 206.934.4068 or email them at WorkforceEd@seattlecolleges.edu for an appointment/interview to evaluate test scores and for advising assistance to determine your eligibility to enter the program. Bring copies of your high school and any college transcripts, test results, and/or Transfer of Credit form with you to your interview.
How to Get Started
- Complete the 2016 Dental Hygiene Program Application. Make sure you have followed the application process exactly. Once you have read the application, call our workforce advisor at 206.934.4068 or email them at WorkforceEd@seattlecolleges.edu to make an appointment for information.
- Admissions criteria include completing prerequisite courses and participating in an interview process. It is recommended that student with minimal or no computer skills also take an introductory course in the use of microcomputers.
- Students are accepted into the program each spring after successfully completing program prerequisites (with a 2.5 GPA or higher in each class), the program application procedures and participating in the student selection/interview process. Twenty students will be selected to start the program each spring quarter.
- In accordance with health facility affiliation agreements, students enrolled in clinical courses are required to complete a Request for Criminal History form. All information will be kept confidential. Students should be aware that certain convictions may prevent clinical placement and employment and that completion of this program does not guarantee certification, licensing or employment.
- Satisfactory physical and immunization records must be on file in the division office prior to the first day of clinical.
- All science and math classes must be taken within the last five years. Please refer to the application packet for the five year limit worksheet.
Applicants having previously earned credits in science/general education courses must apply for Credit by Direct Transfer in the Admissions Office, room BE1104. This is the responsibility of the applicant. Applicants are also responsible for submitting all prerequisite and/or supporting class grades to the department office.