- Have completed a 2 year degree (such as an AAS, AAS–T, ATA, AAA) in Social and Human Services, Child and Family Studies, Interpreter Services, or a related human services degree.
- Meet a minimum Cum. GPA requirement of 2.50.
If student completed a general 2 year (DTA, AA) degree:
- Student MUST complete 30 credits in one of the concentration areas below to be eligible for the ABS degree.
- Concentration Prerequisites Classes (or equivalent) (Minimum GPA 2.0)
Social/Human Services (30 credits)
- SHS 100 – Intro to Human Services
- SHS 103 – Social Welfare Policy
- SHS 106 – Principles of Interviewing/Counseling
- SHS 108 – Group Dynamics & Counseling
- Field Practicums (8–10 credits)
Child/Family Studies (31 credits)
- ECED&105 Intro to Early Childhood Ed 5 cr.
- ECED&107 Health, Safety, Nutrition 5 cr.
- EDUC&115 Child Development 5 cr.
- EDUC&150 Child, Family, Community 3cr.
- ECED&160 Curriculum Development 5 cr.
- CFS 263 Working with Children w/disab. 3 cr
- ECED&180 Language Lit Dev OR
- CFS 215 Math/Science for Young Children 3 cr.
- ECED&120 Practicum 2 cr.
Interpreting Services (30 credits)
- 5 credits of cultural studies (e.g. ASL 125, ANTH&206)
- 5 credits of Ethics
- 10 credits of World Language (e.g. ASL, Spanish, Arabic, Japanese)
- 10 credits of field practicum OR 375 hours of documented translation/interpreting experience
- Submit a completed ABS Admissions Application to the Admissions office.
- Participate in a group interview.
- All admitted students will meet with Melissa Martinez, the Student Development Specialist, for academic advising and registration.
For any questions regarding eligibility or admissions process, please contact: